Buscando melhorar o relacionamento entre a comunidade LGBTIQ e a Igreja Adventista.
Through its Church Relations program, Seventh-day Adventist Kinship International seeks to build a positive relationship between members of the LGBTIQ+ community and the Seventh-day Adventist denomination.
Most Adventist congregations have members who may be LGBTIQ+, and many LQBTIQ+ people may walk into Seventh-day Adventist churches every Sabbath. Because of the long history of homophobia in many congregations, many LGBTIQ+ people must remain "in the closet" while at church because their congregation has proven itself to not be a safe place.
- Dialogue with pastors, administrators, educators, and churches about how to be more loving toward LGBTIQ+ people
- Maintain a list of welcoming or loving Seventh-day Adventist churches where LGBTIQ+ people can attend and feel loved, included, and a sense of belonging
- Consult with specific pastors and congregations on how they can effect change in their spaces to be more Christlike toward LGBTIQ+ people
- Work with faculty and students to address issues of bullying, harassment, and making classrooms a “safe place” for any students who experience marginalization. Kinship also supports the work of the Intercollegiate Adventist GSA Coalition (IAGC) on various college/university campuses.
- The Church Relations team works to provide support to churches and pastors who seek to make their congregations welcoming places for members of the LGBTIQ community. Many resources are available to members. Join today. Check the various membership categories.